PE and School Sport Funding
What does it mean?
The government is determined to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the very successful 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games that were held in London. In order to achieve this and improve provision of PE and sport in primary schools.
We are delighted that in our school this amounts to £17,620.00 to spend on enhancing the provision of PE and school sport. Our main aims for funding are:
To give learners the opportunity to take part in a wide range of sports
- To provide higher quality curriculum PE
- To take part in more extra curricular sports
- To encourage learners to take part in more physically active activities
- To give learners the opportunity to enter competitions against other local schools
- To create intra school competitions
- To use sport as a positive method to enhance behaviour
At St Hugh’s Catholic Primary School we believe that sport plays an important part as it contributes to the health and well being of our learners. Sporting excellence and participation, alongside strong cultural opportunities go hand in hand with academic standards.
Please click on the link below to see how this funding is being spent.