Privacy Notice – Data Protection Act 1998
St Hugh’s Catholic Primary School are a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect personal information from you and may receive information about you from your previous school, the Local Authority and the Learning Records Service. We hold this personal data to:
- Support your learning;
- Monitor and report on your progress;
- Provide appropriate pastoral care, and
- Assess the quality of our services.
Information about you that we hold includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, involvements from Local Authority Services2, exclusions information, where you go after you leave us and personal characteristics such as your ethnic group, any special educational needs you may have and relevant medical information. If you are enrolling for post 14 qualifications the Learning Records Service will give us your unique learner number (ULN) and may also give us details about your learning or qualifications.
We will not give information about you to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to.
We are required, by law, to pass certain information about you to our local authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DfE).
If you need more information about how our local authority and/or DfE collect and use your information, please visit:
- our local authority at http://liverpool.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/requests-for-pupil-records/ or
- the DfE website at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection-how-we-collect-and-share-research-data
If you want to receive a copy of the information about you that we hold or share, please contact the school office
1. Attendance information is NOT collected as part of the Censuses for the Department for Education for the following pupils/children – a) in Nursery schools; b) aged under 4 years in Maintained schools; c) in Alternative Provision, and d) in Early Years Settings.
2. Schools that are members of the Liverpool Learning Partnership (LLP) have access to the LLP Pupil Tracker. The Tracker provides basic involvement details for any Children’s Services team that has been involved with you. For more information on the LLP and The Pupil Tracker please speak to your headteacher.