Welcome to our Lunctime page, here you will find information about free school meals, the lunchtime menu and healthy packed lunches.
Free School Meals
Universal infant free school meals
If your child attends a state funded infant school and is in reception class, year 1 or year 2 (key stage 1) they are entitled to free school meals regardless of your income. This could save you almost £400 a year for each child you have in key stage 1.
However, we urge those parents who do receive a qualifying benefit to make a formal application as this will allow the school to claim additional funding (pupil premium) for new equipment and resources. You can do this online in the section below.
Income related free school meals
If you live in Liverpool and receive any of the following benefits you can claim free school meals for your school-aged child. This is also applicable to nursery-aged children if they attend before and after lunch sessions at a local authority nursery school or nursery class:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit.
If you would like to know more or apply for Free School Meals, please click here
If you would like to see what your child is having for their school lunch please click on the menu below.
If you would like some ideas on what a Healthy Packed Lunch looks like. Click on the link below for some ideas